Increasing Service Desk Efficiency
Providing world-class customer service
Many organizations are improving efficiencies and services by implementing the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes across their Information Technology departments. One of the key areas of focus is on ITIL Service Management which is the process of managing IT Services to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of the Customer. ITIL Service Management has three key objectives:
- Align IT services with business and customer needs
- Improve the quality of services
- Reduce costs & deliver services in a timely manner using the right people, processes, and products (technologies)
As a leader in the Service Desk area, you can lead your team to meet these objectives by maximizing the efficiencies of your processes, understanding the dependencies the Service Desk has on other processes, and communicating the value your team provides to IT and the organization as a whole. You don’t need to understand or currently work with ITIL processes to make these improvements within your organization.
- Learn what it takes to move your team to a world class Service Desk
- Identify areas where you can improve the quality of the services your team provides
- Recognize the key processes that increase operational efficiency
- Understand customer expectations and lead your team to exceed them
- Determine ways to market the value of your team’s services
This course helps you to make improvements in your Service Desk such as refining the Incident Management and Service Level Management processes, gaining ideas for improving relationships with groups who support your team (other tiers of support), and understanding and increasing Customer Satisfaction.